Welcome to the Cal Alumni Association’s (CAA) online scholarship system.
Below you will find a list of scholarships available to UC Berkeley students with brief information about the scholarship qualifications. To apply for scholarships, you must first sign in with the email and password you used in the previous scholarship cycle or, if you are a first-time applicant, you must create a new account. It is important you create an account using an email you will have access to AFTER you have graduated from high school or community college. You will then have the opportunity to complete a general application and, if qualified, apply to specific scholarships.
What to Expect:
- You will be presented with the general application after logging in. The general application is open from March to May 7 for new admits (June 1 for current students).
- After completing and submitting the general application, you will be presented with “recommended” opportunities you may qualify for. Please review the scholarship selection criteria to determine your eligibility.
- After completing each of these steps, you can see your application status on your dashboard. If your status is not listed as “submitted”, you have not fully completed your application.
- If you are selected to move forward in the selection process, you will receive an email notification to the email you used to login. You will be asked to update your @berkeley.edu email in order to continue receiving status updates for your application.
New Admits you may submit your application prior to hearing back from UC Berkeley admissions decision. However, you must accept your offer of admission to UC Berkeley by the requested deadline to be considered for any of our scholarships!
When browsing “All” scholarships, please note this is a list of all the scholarship opportunities within the Cal Alumni Association scholarship system, not just those scholarships for which you may be receiving consideration. The number and award amount of the scholarships listed are for general purposes only. Actual award amounts vary based on students’ individual eligibility, funds available, and other factors.
Fall Scholarship Application Cycle
1. African American Initiative (AAI)
- early March: The African American Initiative application opens
- April 2: Applications for the African American Initiative close
- April: Scholarship finalists are notified
- April 15: Finalist interviews are held
- May: The African American Initiative scholarship recipients will be notified and must accept or decline the award plus complete a post-acceptance survey by the stated deadline
2. The Achievement Award Program (TAAP)
- early March: The Achievement Award Program application opens
- May 7: Applications for The Achievement Award Program close
- late May to early June: Scholarship finalists are notified
- June: Finalist interviews are held
- late-July/August: The Achievement Award Program scholarship recipients will be notified and must accept or decline the award plus complete a post-acceptance survey by the stated deadline
3. The Leadership Award (TLA) for students who have been recently admitted to UC Berkeley *incoming first years and transfers.
- early March: The Leadership Award application opens
- May: Applications for The Leadership Award for new admits close
- late June: scholarships finalists are notified
- July: finalist interviews are held
- August: Leadership Award scholarship recipients will be notified and must accept or decline the award plus complete a post-acceptance survey by the stated deadline
4. The Leadership Award (TLA) for students who have completed at least a semester at UC Berkeley and will be enrolled for Fall 2023 and Spring 2024.
- early March: The Leadership Award application opens
- June: Applications for current students close
- late August: Leadership Award applicants are notified of their application status
- September: Leadership Award finalists interviews are held on UC Berkeley campus.
- October: Leadership Award scholarship recipients are notified and must accept or decline their award plus complete a post-acceptance survey
*It is possible that you may be an auto-recipient for the Leadership Award, this means that because of your high score on your written application, you will be awarded and do not need to complete an interview.
Winter Application Cycle
- September: Cal Pride, Mildred Jordan Sharp, and CAA Native American Scholarship (CAANAS) scholarships open
- October: Winter application cycle closes, unless otherwise noted for a specific scholarship(s)
- November: finalist interviews for winter applications will be held on UC Berkeley campus
- December: scholarship recipients will be notified and must accept or decline the award and complete the post-acceptance by the stated deadline or forfeit the scholarship award.
- Winter scholarships are disbursed in Spring semester unless otherwise noted for a specific scholarship.
Reminder! Your completed general application will be archived and removed from the system in January of each year. You must complete a new general application when the Scholarship Application Cycle begins each year (early March).
If you have any questions refer to our frequently asked questions page or email email@example.com.
|$1000 - $3000||
The Cal Pride Scholarship
Cal Alumni Pride is the LGBTQ alumni club of UC Berkeley. Their mission...
|$750 to $3,000||
The Mildred Jordan Sharp Scholarship
The Mildred Jordan Sharp Scholarship is a one-year, award that...